U2 has played some concerts in Brazil for about one week. One crazy example of their success was the second concert in Sao Paulo, which was sold out in 7 hours. The tickets were exclusively sold by telephone, the call-center received more than 600’000 calls within these 7 hours…
And, in Monterrey:
U2 kicked off the fourth leg of their Vertigo tour in the Mexican city of Monterrey yesterday (Feb. 12). 48 hours before the concert, more than 600 fans were sleeping at the gates of the stadium in order to get into the ellipse; 24 hours before the show, there were more than 2,000 fans.
By the way, U2 won for every category they were nominated, again, at the last Grammy Awards Show:
- Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
- Best Rock Song for City of Blinding Lights
- Best Rock Album for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
- Song of the Year for Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
- Album of the Year for How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
On the top, Steve Lillywhite won a Grammy for Producer Of The Year, Non-Classical category due to his work on How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.