Some travel tips, based on our experience:
- Three things are cheap in St.Barths, and just these ones: alcohol, cigars / cigarettes and gas ;-)
- You need a car. Don’t ask if you can walk or take a bicycle…You need a car and a 4W car! The rest is bullshit.
- French and English are spoken everywhere.
- Euro and $ and accepted everywhere. No problem with cerdit cards.
- Voltage is 220V, 60Hz. French plug converters are required.
- Cell phone: nothing special if you have an international subscription.
- DO NOT forget to bring something against mosquitos. There are really annoying…and quite strong in St.Barths (although all the hotels are treated two times a week against mosquitos).
- Time zone: as US East Coast, 5 to 6 hours difference with France
- Typical tropical region for the daylight: all the year between 06:30 and 18:30, so that the people are waking up early and going to bed quite early in the evening.
- Weather: also typical tropical weather. Some clouds in the morning, a little very pleasant wind, somtimes some suddend tropical downpours (short and normally duting the night), 28-30°C during the day, 22-24°C during the night, 25-27°C in the sea :-)
Top ten best things about Saint Barth
- The views and colors around every turn
- The beautiful stay at La Banane
- The great shopping time
- The great dinners (K’Fé Massai, Pipiri, Hideaway, Wall House)
- The beaches, specially Le Gouverneur and Saline, specially in the morning
- The feeling of being “out-of-the-world” for a while (no news, no crime)
- Drinking Ti Punch and Planteurs every time that is possible :-)
- The people of St.Barths
- Leaving St.Maarten behind (if you like St.Maarten, you won’t like St.Barths)
- Smoking some great cigars 3 times a week after the dinner